Tuesday, July 10, 2007

a big psychological win

I've been getting slaughtered at all games and all stakes the last couple days... it's actually been quite sick. Since this is not a bad beat blog I won't go into alot of detail where I will inevitably whine and complain more than any of you dare to listen to. Long story short.. My money was in as an 90% favorite or better with 2 to come and both times I lost in $3000+ pots... i think it's time to rebuild at 5/10 and forget 10/20 for awhile.

Odviously i've been a little annoyed with how this whole month has started.. Down a quick 8k with nothing real positive to show. I took a few days and came back today and was quickly down 800. I was playing well and kept playing when I got my money in good and actually held up for a big pot. I kept playing for another hour or so and called it quits after a short session. After such a rocky start I decided for my own sanity I would stop with a small winning session under my belt and come back tomorrow with a little more confidence in my game than I have been my last couple sessions.

I'll put in a few sessions during the week... but overall I plan on relaxing and putting in some mad crazy sessions when brad is here next week. It will be alot of live play and i'm looking forward to the change of pace. The Orleans Open starts on saturday and goes through the end of the month and i'll hopefully be mixing in a few of those events to get my live game back. Until next time...


Crazy stupid bad session results: -3000
Monday session results: +600

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have had some bad sessions at 5/10 recently - went from $7800 to $1600 at the lowest point in about 1 week.

Analysed the hands, stuff I could *not* get away from like when I made AA888 by the river, flush on the board, half the money in the pot. I went all in, he had AAA88....aaargh!

I regained a bit yesterday to $2600.

Is this normal to have big swings in No Limit or is the software screwing with me?

Cheers,

Yoshi

aces_full133334 said...

Its rigged yoshi, everyone knows this