Monday, July 16, 2007

finding the positive in a big pile of negative

It's been a rough month and its definately starting to take its toll mentally.. however, if I couldn't handle it I would of quit this business a long time ago. This week is a week of changes and it couldn't be more welcomed. Brad gets into town within the hour and tomorrow we are going to start pulling some crazy live sessions. Last time Brad was here I was in a big slump and his motivation and passion for the game drove me into about a 2 month long streak where I played -alot- of poker and was loving it... I have little doubt this trip will have the same result.

If something is giving me bad results a change is good.. I plan on playing little if any online poker in the next week and am focusing on building up a solid cash bankroll again. My month so far sucks, yet is meaningless and all that matters is making good decisions now. I have yet to have a losing month since i moved out here and I don't plan on starting now. There's alot of work to do the next couple weeks...

I will update often detailing our live sessions. Tonight is softall and drinking night so nothing new until early wednesday most likely. Peace out

2 comments:

Chawwles said...

Live poker's where you need to be anyways man, do it to it! ;)

We played a couple-hour session at Turning Stone while in New York, but nothin to write home about. I'll include a small TR in my blog though...

Anonymous said...

Yo Brando,

Well dude, I got killed for my full bankroll of $8K in the last 2 weeks.

I went through my hand histories and worked out all the errors. I'm now playing WAY more solid. OK, less hyper-aggression means
less big pots but it means less fluxuation.

Maybe try this? I saw you playing on FT the other day but since my bank roll got smoked I switched to lower stakes on Bodog to get my game perfect.

Man that site is RIGGED. I was 80% in front 3 times and got all my money in and lost every time. Then I got all my money in with QQ and ran into AA - that Bodog shows me no f*cking love man!

I'm playing at Party now and going to go back to Full Tilt once I'm convinced my game is solid and I've built up my bankroll again.

As a contrast, I cashed again at a small live event last night...my live game is sooooo good.

Get down to the Bellagio poker room!

Chill man,

Yoshi