Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Strong finish and a rough start

I able to finish the month of June with a few solid sessions and overall I am very happy with my performance for the month. This current month.....not so much. I've taken some sick beats and i've decided that a day off in the middle of what is supposed to be my "work week" is a good idea. This will most likely result in me putting in a session on my normal thursday off but that's life.

Here are my session results since I last posted:

Saturday June 30: +1800
Sunday July 1: -1500
Monday July 2: -3000

July has not been nice to me so far. I will say sunday's session was alot me in the cash games which is where most the negative came from. My tournaments were pretty sick.. I was top 5 in chips in the bodog 100k guaranteed with about 100 people left when I got all my money in with AK vs AQ and lost. Then about 5 hands later I moved my last 16,000 in with 10d 10s against a raise to 2600 from a stack of around 19,000. I was called by 8d 9d and I was drawing dead on the turn.....nice

In the Full Tilt 500k guaranteed I decided I wanted the chip lead or to bust early. I was dead tired and needed a nap... but if I could get a big chiplead I would play it out. Within the first 5 minutes I picked up Ad Kd under the gun and limped. There was a raise to 140 and three callers when it came back around to me. I popped it up to 700 and had 1 caller from the player directly to my left who had originally limped behind me preflop.

Flop As 6d 9c

I lead out 800 and i'm instantly moved in on. I decide this is my spot and make the call. I'm most likely splitting this pot or losing to a set of aces. I decide i'm willing to take the risk especially since I already have over half my stack in this pot. I call.

I show my AK. He shows Ac 3s. Nice....

Turn 3d

River 10s

Not alot I can do here and I turn off my monitors and took a nap....one of the few things I did right on sunday.

Monday I don't know.. I'm not going to sit here and make excuses but I got my money in a large majority of the time as a clear favorite and lost (my set vs overpair, my KK vs 1010 on the 9 high flop... all losers). These days are tough and can take the wind out of the sails of even the best poker players. I've been through this kind of run before and i've always came through stronger and wiser than before. I don't see this spot being any different. I would not be sitting here talking to you right now if these spots were impossible to get through. I just need a day off to clear the head and tomorrow i'm back in the grind.

My final results for the month of June:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

On a bit of a side note i'm really looking forward to when Brad comes out here towards the end of the month. Not only is this kid great at getting me off my ass and into the live poker rooms (bleh) but he always seems to be fired up to play which can be very contagious. I will start working on having a solid cash bankroll again when he gets out here and hopefully keep it this time. Not only that but he's going to try and get my golf game back on track... it's been getting a bit ridiculous.

Oh yeah... Saturday night I went and hung out with Darksy and his british friends out on the strip. I was skeptical about hanging out on the strip since it's mostly a pain in the ass but I ended up having a great time. The brits...well... they were very entertaining and I really have no clue what was said the majority of the time. I'm pretty sure they said if I decide to head to the UK one day i can stop in and have some tea and crumpets with them. I'm not exactly sure...

Until next time...

2 comments:

Darsky said...

I was good hanging with you and your buds. Too bad we couldn't do more of it but it was impossible to pull those tourists away from the strip and Freemont...and I was drunk most of the time. Driving was not an option.
I'll hit the local spots with you next time and maybe finally try some Bonedoneskis.

Anonymous said...

Hi Man,

I see you suffered some big losses start of July. Is this normal?

I ask this as I was up to $7800 for the month yesterday and this mornings session was awful, just missed every draw, got out-kicked on the river and the cards were quite against me. I was down $3600 at the low point and pulled it back to a loss of $2660. I also played less hands than I normally would, still got AAx2, KKx2, QQ, JJ, AKsuited x2 but couldn't get paid on them.

I usually win 4 out of my 5 sessions playing 5/10.

Cheers,

Yoshi