Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I pray bad....very bad

The title says it all... At best I give myself a C- for my play today. I was very edgy all day and broke many of the cardinal rules of good poker in the first hour of my session. A good quick way to get down on a session is make plays at people in non pots and get played right back at.. oops

After going down a quick 2.5k I decided I was playing so poorly my best bet was to quit for the day.. but of course I need to play until my big blind. I had a little gamble in me after getting down to quickly and decided to make a play (with outs this time) and won a big pot when I cracked someones kings with my overcard and nut flush draw. I managed to take down another medium pot before I called it quits after only an hour session and being down a much mor reasonable 600. I will be back at it tomorrow with my head on straight.

Since poker was out of the question I sat down to watch the final table of the world series on ESPN. I became increasingly annoyed during the first hour as Jerry Yang pleaded with God when he was all-in to let him win. Then there was Lee Watkinson's fiance dancing around with her hands in the air praying to Jesus for a 7 to beat Jerry Yang in the same hand.. come on people... really?

Can what your religious beliefs and poker mix? Sure they can.. I think a great example is Daniel Negreanu.. He knows what he believes but doesn't preach it to everyone.. especially at the tables. If someone asks he will tell them i'm sure but he lets how he acts and reacts be a witness to what he believes.. The day I see Daniel dancing with his hands in the air praying to God for a 7 on the river.... i'm quitting poker. that's my rant for the day. Catch you tomorrow

2 comments:

Darsky said...

Yeah. All that praying at the final table bugged me, too. I think it might be enough inspirational for me to blog again.

Chawwles said...

I couldn't even believe when Watkinson's girlfriend was saying that stuff. This stuff tilts me even more than people shouting for a specific card when they're already 9 to 1 to win the hand...

It's actually disrespectful to the game and gambling in general imo