Tuesday, November 20, 2007

great poker doesn't warrant great results

First off let me say that I appreciated your comments Chris... These last couple days have been extremely frusterating for me and sometimes this is going to bleed off into my post's here... This is the reality that is my life and i'm certainly not going to sugarcoat what happens.

Personally, I don't like listening to bad beat stories and as a result I don't try and force mine on other people. but again... this is the reality of my current situation.

There is good news and bad news in all this.

Good News: I've been playing almost perfect poker. My reads have been excellent and i've been getting my money all-in with a huge advantage a large majority of the time. Not only that, i've been making excellent laydowns

Bad News: Plain and simple.. If I flop the nuts i'm probably going to finish second.

This sounds dark and depressing I know yet I can still pull more positive from it all. Yes, it really sucks at the moment... but I know how bad i'm running and it has to end eventually. 20% is only going to win 20% of the time. This is a fact. The big underlying problem here is that I don't know if my bankroll can survive until things finally start going the way they should.

I've been going over my play to make sure i'm not missing anything but the cold reality is i've been getting pretty cold decked and sucked out on. The big pots from today were my 222 vs 101010 on the 2 10 Q flop. My AA vs JJ after getting 180 each in preflop we saw a J 6 6 flop and he led into me with an all-in bet. my QQ vs 1010 all-in preflop and my 88 vs 56 on the 5 8 2 flop. the board went 7 9 to give him a straight after he put in almost 400 on the flop with a huge donkey reraise.

There is one big thing that helps me keep my head on straight.. It's something I vividly remember Howard Lederer saying the first and only time I met him. "There is no justice or correct result in this game"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi man.

Just to say it looks like you're on a really bad run...and you're playing solid. I get annoyed when I lose a mere 200-300 bucks through a bad play but when I get sucked out on like today (my 10s + 7s get crushed by trip 10s?!?!?) I just have to shrug my shoulders and reload. Typically after such a hand, it's good to take advantage if people think you are steaming...and get super aggressive (but of course holding the best hand).

I just put it behind me and keep to the game plan. Also shifting down limits is a good way. Today I had my kewler on the 1/2. Lot softer than the 5/10 which I sometimes play.

Mr Y