Friday, November 23, 2007

solid play still producing frusterating results

I took turkey day off and spent the majority of it in Henderson with my buddy Zach and his wife. They had some other friends over too and it was overall a pretty good time. The highlight of my day was definately watching my Packers beat up on the lowly Lions... Next week is going to be our true test when we play in Dallas. Besides the playoffs this is the game i've been waiting for all year.

Favre has yet to win in the big D and of all the big losses i've had to endure over my lifetime the stinging sensation from the playoff losses to Dallas in the 90's is still there... All I know is if we can win thursday all the naysayers who think we're not as good as our record are going to have to take a seat and shut up. We'll see in a week I guess...

Zach finding it necessary to kill the turkey again

Today was a disturbing day in my poker life... nothing totally abnormal just disturbing. I've been playing very well yet I continually have been finding myself in trap scenarios where it's extremely difficult if not impossible not to go broke. I only say this because today I was on the bottom side of two set over set situations on the flop in my fist 30 minutes of play.

A third time I raised 1/3 of my stack (a big overraise) with 55 on the 3 5 9 board and was called. The J on the turn resulted in us both getting all our money in and he turned over JJ.

I apologize to you if i'm starting to sound like a broken record on here.. Things are looking pretty grim but I feel good about where they can go. I know how it can be to run good and once all these statistical f*ck you's sort themselves out it shouldn't take me long to bounce back and be playing in the games I know I belong in.

Until next time...


*** update: I actually *gasp* ran pretty good after I posted this.. After close to an 8 hour day of 5 tabling 2/4 NL and after taking my annual ass kicking to start my session I finished about +1000 for the day. Maybe this trend will continue in the days to come? All I can do is play well... ****

11 comments:

Darsky said...

Ahhhh. Finally some good news. But I don't mind reading about the other stuff either. Its good to know what's up with you in general.

Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Hi man,

Good news, I hope it upswings.

I had a slight downswing of $2K so decided to get nitty at 2/4....Wednesday I was up $400 but Thursday I was down $1000! I had two big hands (top pair Ace kicker etc.) and the betting was so strong I had to abort after dropping a few hundred in the pot...called off top pair with A kicker for $400 to run into trips and even when there was some dead money in the pot, I flipped a coin a short-stacker with QQ - ran into 99 and he made a straight!

It seems this variance can be extremely cruel sometimes, even when you're playing nitty and solid.

Mr Y

Chawwles said...

I'm with you on the rodeo thing man. K...your turn to update now haha.

Darsky said...

F5! F5! F5!

Chawwles said...

Yeah the F5 crew is hanging strong. You're not back in Minnesota are ya?

Chawwles said...

eeerrr...Wisconsin...




either state is unacceptable

Chawwles said...

I repeatedly pounded on my F5 button and nothing was happening. I then looked down and realized I was lacing into my F4 button instead.

So then I located and correctly pressed my F5 key, but still nothing happened. :)

You alive? Still in Vegas? Working, playing, eating, sleeping? BLOGGERS MUST KNOW THE TRUTH

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ajoxiduve.ibnsites.com/ucydan.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ixabopil.o-f.com/rosiwur.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Now, I feel good, I begin to get real money.
It gets down to select a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the profit with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view