Sunday, June 10, 2007

The $1200 misclick

Put in a quality session today. What is quality? I consider anything over four hours a good session. sad i know... but that's just the life I live. I'm really working on it... ok?!

After about a 4 1/2 hour winning session (+1100) i decided enough was enough and met up with my buddy Bruce at a local bar close to the house for a couple drinks and a relaxing rest of my night. As it turned out I was quite up for drinking and we spent almost 7 hours at this place and it turned out to be a great night. If anyone puts a shot of jeager in front of me in the next week i swear i'm going to puke.

Anyways moving right along... After I got back to the house I decided to make a quick post to the blog and head to bed. Of couse, I couldn't sit and write in my blog without a table of 5/10 up and running. As I pulled up blogspot I went to click on fold for my Qc 4c I was looking at and my mouse accidently hit call. This is what followed.


War_Crimes Fold $ 0.00
TaintViolater Fold $ 0.00
BigBadDevil Fold $ 0.00
peter500 Call $ 10.00
liquidghost Call $ 10.00 oops....
foxridge1 Fold $ 0.00
Currahee Fold $ 5.00

powerdog17 Check

Flop Qd 4s 7s


peter500 Bet $ 45.00
liquidghost Call $ 45.00 I decide to play this one a bit different and see the turn card before throwing in a raise
powerdog17 Fold $ 0.00


Turn Qh

peter500 Check
liquidghost Bet $ 80.00 can't check

peter500 Raise $ 160.00
liquidghost Raise $ 280.00 very unlikely he has Q7. A call here is unthinkable. There are so many hands that I can beat that can call a raise. I make this raise almost without hesitating
peter500 Call $ 200.00


River 2c

peter500 Check
liquidghost All-in $ 841.00 The two of clubs is almost the most beautiful card in the deck. It almost guarantees me having the best hand and doesn't scare away any hands that can pay me off. My decision to go all-in here is simply because i'm happy with the pot size now and I know alot of hands such as KQ and AQ can't fold in this pot. The check worries me about being paid off but i'm happy with this pot if he doesn't call. This bet can also come across as very suspect and possibly get a call from much weaker hand. The river all-in overbet can be a very strong move in my opinion. It keeps opponents on their toes.

peter500 Call $ 841.00

Betting round completed
Last active pot = $0.00 Side pot 7 = $2,524.00


liquidghost shows Qc 4c: full house

peter500 shows Qs 10s: three of a kind

I think the only reason this hand amuses me so much is the fact I was in it completely by accident.

moving along...

I want and need to goto bed yet i'm having a sick run at my one table while i'm writing this. In the 30 minutes or so it's taken me to write all of this i've gone from my $1000 buyin to almost $5000.
bodogjpg.jpg

enough is enough... I can hardly keep myself awake. until next time...

Saturday session results +4900



1 comment:

Chawwles said...

Hahaha this part cracked me up:

nh

ty

tard


People....they just don't get it....