Tuesday, June 19, 2007

feeling pretty good and on track

I've been putting in some good sessions lately. After 15 hours yesterday I put in a solid 6 today. I was cut short because I had bowling tonight and then I picked up where I left off when I got back. Right now i'm sitting on the lovesac with the laptop watching Mike and Mike on ESPN2 and playing a 5/10 table on FTP.

Played in the full tilt 40k guaranteed with Brad and busted out around 100/350. I played 2 cash tables and finished around +900 in my early session. I did have one strange hand that had me wondering what goes through peoples heads sometimes.

I'm holding Kc Ks on the button. The 5 seat (we'll call him Bob) raises to $45 and it folds to me. I smooth call hoping that the blinds will fold and I can go heads up. The plan here is to get an extra bet from this guy on anything other than an A high flop. If it comes A high I can get away cheap without anyone knowing I had a monster. I don't make this play often but it's good to keep people on their toes.

Flop 5s 6c Jh

Bob fires out $50 and I make it $140 to go. Bob calls and we goto the turn.

Turn 3s

Bob checks and I still feel pretty good about my hand. AA and JJ are on my mind yes but my plan here was to trap this guy and if I ended up trapping myself I think it's one of those spots I have to pay it off. I think a minute and fire out $220. Bob quickly moves it in for his last $550 and I make the call.

Bob shows 2s 3d??? alrighty then... The river comes a harmless Ad and I take down the pot. Moral of this story? I don't know... but it's an interesting one.

Monday session results +1500

1 comment:

Darsky said...

It seems you're really into bowling. Do you gamble it up? And what kind of spot would you give me? LOL.