Sunday, June 17, 2007

Main event here I come!

I apologize for the lack of updates recently. I've been putting in a few decent sessions but nothing to be too proud of. Today was a good turn of the tides as far as my tournament game and results go. I bought into the 500+35 on full tilt with 100 main event seats guaranteed. 3338 players with top 139 getting a seat and I managed to finish 130th.

It was a huge grind the entire tournament. I was only above average stack once in the early rounds and I spent the rest of my time under the average. I was able to secure my seat with a few well timed moves and alot of folding to hold on long enough. I'm pretty psyched about playing in my first main event. $10,000 tournament entry and $2000 cash for expenses for my finish.

Thanks to Brad for railing me from about 350 on. It was nice to have someone to talk to while I folded over, over and over again.

As far as the cash games go its been up and down with nothing too amazing to report. I did have one day of +4800 earlier in the week and then two days finishing around -1200. I'll do a better job tracking my progress this week. I've been playing on my laptop lately because my computer chair upstairs is broken. Yes, my $300 chair I bought 8 months ago is dead. I went to get a new one yesterday and they were out of all the good ones at office depot. I'll go searching again tomorrow. At this point i'll take anything until I find a good one just because of all the money i'm losing by playing only 2 or 3 tables on the laptop.

Until next time...



2 comments:

Darsky said...

Congratulations. GL in the big one. We'll be pulling for you.

Chawwles said...

Hey man congrats on the seat. $500 for a ME seat aint bad man, and since you're not feeling comfortable buying straight with your current year's progress, it's awesome that you still get to take a shot. You got two SoCal'ers that'll be rooting you on, that's for sure.