Saturday, June 09, 2007

the worst 45 minutes of my career

Wednesday was one of the worst sessions i've ever had.. I played for 45 minutes and finished at -5100. Just sick. I usually won't let it get to that point but I was actually playing very well. I got my money in best 2 of the 3 times (the one I didn't was a flopped ace high flush against a flopped straight flush) and was outdrawn the other two. The two beats were at 10/20 which is why I had such a bad day. I think i'll just avoid 10/20 for awhile.

I decided maybe poker needed a rest so I went out with some friends for awhile. Was feeling pretty good when I got back so I sat for awhile and cut the days losses to only about -4000. It's okay.... all I can do is just shake it off and move on to the next day.

Thursday was an off day. I went to the Las Vegas 51's (AAA team for the Dodgers) game with some friends. We tailgated ahead of time and $1 beer night is always a good time. Overall, it was a very good day off.. especially after how brutal wednesday was.

Friday was a good day and welcomed healing to my bankroll. A few hands confused me but I was playing about as good as I feel I can. This one hand still has me scratching my head...

I'm in the cutoff with 9c 9s. It folds to the 5 seat who raises to $40. I call everyone else folds.

Flop 2h 9h 2s

5 seat bets $50. I just call. Not alot of danger here. I have position and will check raise the turn if he bets again.

Turn 10s

5 seat doesn't dissapoint and bets $100. I raise to $300 and the 5 seat makes a quick call.

River 10d

5 seat checks. The only real questions now are did he call me with a 10? and if he didn't... how much will he call on the river? I decided that $300 was a good bet. He quickly called and mucked to my full house and I eagerly checked the hand history to see what he could of called me with. I was pretty set on the JJ-KK range. I didn't really see anything else that could of played the hand like he did. You can imagine my suprise to see he called me with As 8d?? really? Either I made the perfect bet or I left money on the table because he had about $250 in front of him still when the hand was over. I'm still a little perplexed about the whole thing. Oh well.... next hand please.

Friday session results +2900

No comments: