Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A question of motivation

I ended the month of May on a bit of a sour note and had to ride out a rough stretch at the end. I took a very large number of bad beats 3 sessions in a row. One thing that i've always done is pull myself away from a bad session when I start to feel my play is sloppy. It could be i've been playing bad or it could be I just can't hold on when I get it in with the best of it. Either way, when a session goes south and I can't turn it around, i stop. It's just good money management. I had to cut myself off 3 sessions in a row last week, which tends to make for bad results.

My overall results for the month of may are about +14000 after being able to recover my bad run to -2500 before the month ended.

These are the times when I play the least poker.. not only because i'm running bad but because it's hard to find the motivation necessary to sit and play for the hours that are required. Last week I went out twice during the week and spent most of thursday out on lake mead with some friends. I will do anything necessary to make sure when I sit down at the tables I am making clear and correct decisions. Even if it involves losing a day.

A good day today. I put in a few hours and felt great. I'm planning on putting in a longer day tomorrow. I have two checks coming and when they do I will go down to the Rio and see what I can do in satellites for the series. I'm still upset with myself for the situation I ended up in regarding the WSOP this year but I still have no doubt it's for the best. Until next time..

Tuesday session results +2400

1 comment:

Darsky said...

Man, I just started reading your blog. It never occurred to me that you had one until Chris mentioned how good you are. I asked how he knew that since he has never played with you..."Uhhh, he has a blog."
I'll be out there next week so maybe I'll see you around. If not, good luck at the RIO and make sure you text one of us if you make it deep into an event. We'll be rooting for ya.