Sunday, May 27, 2007

What goes around....comes back to bite you in the ass

I had to make a tough decision today yet i'm very confident it's the right one. I came into this year with the goal of making $200,000. This fits into my overall plan of shooting for one million in a yer by the time i've been here five years (year 1> $100,000 2> $200,000 3> $400,000 4> $750,000 5> $1,000,000).

I decided to put myself in a bad spot this year by hardly playing at all in march and april. I feel I have good excuses yet the fact remains I havn't delivered this year. There's good news and bad news here. The bad news is my WSOP this year is going to be severely limited. Not because I can't afford to play but because I didn't plan properly and the impact on my bankroll could put me in a bad spot.

The good news? I am more focused and dedicated now than I have ever been. As bad of a situation as this may be for me in the overall picture it may be good. I won't let this happen again; ever. If I stay on my current course and plan correctly for next year I can easily see myself with a 15+ event WSOP.

I've by no means given up on this years tournament. I will probably take 2-3000 to the Rio on satellite day and play $500 sit n go's and should hopefully be able to parlay that into a few events. It's going to be all business all the time around here. I'm very dissapointed in myself yet I can only see good things coming out of this. Only time will tell....

Saturday and Sunday session results +2300

No comments: