Saturday, May 19, 2007

where.. oh where.. are my tournament results?

I suck at tournaments right now. I don't know any other way to put it. My results havn't been there. I havn't played many this year so I could be quick to judge myself... but this FTOPS i've yet to cash. Plus a couple others i've played and have yet to cash one. Good thing my cash game has been A+ since I came back from my hiatus at the beginning of the month.

Played in the PLH 200+16 FTOPS event.. busted in the first hour. In my own defense I do have to say I only busted once getting my money in as the worst. For the rest I was a favorite and outdrawn... so I guess i'll quit whining.

Put in a good session today. Close to 7 hours. It was a rollercoaster all day and I lost a few key pots early as a big favorite. The tables were loose and that will create some of those bad beats. I'll take a loose table with lots of gambling over a tight table any day.

I kept 4 tables up most the day. I flirted with 5 now and then but 4 is my comfort zone when i'm mixing in the 10/20 games. There's alot of money flying around there so I like to keep my mind at ease by not having too much going on at once.

I spent most of my session in the +4-600 range. I was content leaving with that since I was down a quick 1500 to start the day off. I made an interesting call at the end of day that ended up being the majority of my profit for the day.

Sitting at 10/20NL. I'm on the button and have 4c 6c. 5 seat raises to $70, 6 seat calls, I call and the big blind calls.

Flop 4d 6d 7c

BB checks, 5 seat fires 200 and 6 seat folds. I raise it up to $550 and the BB folds. 5 seat calls.

Turn Kh

5 seat quickly moves it for his last $780 and now I have a decision to make. My instinct is to make the quick call but I need to put him on a hand. What can he make this play with? It's possible he has me crushed here with a hand like 67 but its hard to put him there because of his middle position raise. 77? maybe... I have him more in the range two big diamonds with the Kd in his hand possibly. maybe AK or AQ of diamonds. Not alot of hands I put him on have me beat. If he had KK the best play is to check. I'm almost guaranteed to fire the turn after my raise on the flop.

The final result is i'm still beating too many hands to lay down here. Im at least a 65% favorite against alot of hands. 80% against any overpair to the flop except for kings. I make the call. He turns over 5d 5c for the straight draw and the 4s on the river seals the deal for a nice pot. Alot of the cards I was scared of aren't a factor here (k, 7 or diamond) and I was over a 3/1 favorite with 1 to come.

I registered for the 150k guaranteed on absolute and the 250k guaranteed NLH FTOPS event. Both early afternoon today. Hopefully this tourney drought will end. Until then....

Friday session results +2700

No comments: