Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What would you do for $15 an hour?

Personally I have to say there isn't much I would be willing to do for a $15 an hour job... I've grown to expect alot more from poker than that.. but that's exactly what I made today.. $15 an hour for a total of +100 on Tuesday's session. Trust me when I tell you it could of been ALOT worse.

Started off the session 6 tabling five 5/10NL and one 10/20NL table. After about an hour of that it proved to be too much as I was running a little bit slower mentally today than normal. I was tired and I couldn't keep up. Moved down to four 5/10 tables and it was much better. Then all hell broke loose on me and I was down a quick 2600 before I knew what happened. This is the hand that was the overall worse.

I'd only been at the table about 15 minutes at this time.

Full Tilt Poker Game #2434357603: Table Desert Oak - $5/$10 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:06:10 ET - 2007/05/15
Seat 1: csimmsux ($2,528.50)
Seat 2: zekulya ($948.50)
Seat 3: RAC00N ($2,136.70)
Seat 4: Beomer ($227.80)
Seat 5: DRUNKENSTYLE ($1,346.50)
Seat 6: bk shark ($352.50)
Seat 7: drchaos ($1,005)
Seat 8: MstAA mAArtini ($373)
Seat 9: Judo Bob ($316.75)
csimmsux posts the small blind of $5
zekulya posts the big blind of $10
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to drchaos [Ah As]
RAC00N folds
Beomer folds
DRUNKENSTYLE folds
bk shark folds
drchaos raises to $35
MstAA mAArtini folds
Judo Bob calls $35
csimmsux raises to $150
zekulya folds
drchaos calls $115 **The first hand i've seen this guy play. The smooth call is a trap for an odvious KK or QQ. He will fire huge on the flop and the only way I can see myself getting away from this hand is a KQx flop**
Judo Bob folds
*** FLOP *** [4h Th 2h] **A great flop for my AA the way this hand was played. I have this guy on JJ-QQ at worst and most likely KK with a heart if i'm lucky. One thing is for sure, I can beat about 95% of the hands that can repop me preflop**
csimmsux bets $220
drchaos raises to $500
csimmsux raises to $1,845
drchaos calls $355, and is all in
csimmsux shows [2d 2c] **umm.... excuse me?**
drchaos shows [Ah As]
Uncalled bet of $990 returned to csimmsux
*** TURN *** [4h Th 2h] [Qc]
*** RIVER *** [4h Th 2h Qc] [4s]
csimmsux shows a full house, Twos full of Fours
drchaos shows two pair, Aces and Fours
csimmsux wins the pot ($2,052) with a full house, Twos full of Fours
drchaos is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $2,055 Rake $3
Board: [4h Th 2h Qc 4s]
Seat 1: csimmsux (small blind) showed [2d 2c] and won ($2,052) with a full house, Twos full of Fours
Seat 2: zekulya (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: RAC00N didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: Beomer didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: DRUNKENSTYLE didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: bk shark didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: drchaos showed [Ah As] and lost with two pair, Aces and Fours
Seat 8: MstAA mAArtini didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: Judo Bob (button) folded before the Flop


Long story short... I don't see any way to get away from this hand. I absolutely have to pay off a set or a flopped flush here. I win this situation alot more than I lose it. As it turned out this guy was a nutcase with any pair preflop. He was sitting with well over 3k and playing like a douche. Three hands after he busted me he reraised a guy AI preflop for 450 more with 3c 3s and promptly lost to Js Jd. I didn't stay around for too many more of his antics after that. I needed a lunch break.

Tomorrow I plan on playing the $200+16 FTOPS shorthanded NLH tournament and then a $50+5 PLO hi/lo tournament for Brad that he won a seat into but can't play in. I'm actually excited for the hi/lo tournament. I love pot limit omaha... especially hi/lo. A little over a year ago I had about a 2 month stretch where all I play was PLO hi/lo and I did pretty well. Alot of people had no clue how to play the game and it worked out pretty well for me. I just havn't been playing it lately since most the H/L games don't get higher than 2/4 online anymore.

To finish off there's some good news.. I made my hourly rate a little more respectable while I was writing this. Tuesday session results +500

1 comment:

Chawwles said...

At first I lol'ed, then I realized that after taxes my paychecks ship me the equality of $15/hr.....now i feel like a sad, sad little man