Friday, May 18, 2007

"dude.. you suck"

I've never been insulted at a live poker table before until yesterday. I was out with some friends and we ended up at Red Rock. After about an hour of losing at pai gow (the first and last time i play that game) everyone heading their seperate ways and I headed over to the poker room to play some 2/5 NL for a bit.
It was about 5am, I was a little tired and a little drunk and in hindsight I probably should of been nowhere near the office... but i wanted to play!

I'll just clarify quickly that this is not meant to be a bad beat blog. I'm using this to keep track of key hands where I feel I either messed up or made a good play. It's also here to help track my session results and let my readers know how i'm doing. I promise to lay off the bad beat stories.... having said that... here's a bad beat.

I was about an hour into my session and still relatively close to my buyin of 400 when I was beaten by a horrible player AND insulted in the same hand. I limp on the button with 8h 10h and take a flop with 4 other players.

Flop 9h 7h 2c

The small blind fires out 20 into the pot and there is a fold and a call to me on my button. I raise it up to 90, the SB calls and the other caller folds. Heads up to the turn.

Turn 10c

Check to me and I fire all-in for about $280. A small over bet of the pot but almost any bet here will commit myself to this pot. I have top pair and somewhere between 15-20 wins with 1 to come if i'm behind. If he's on the flush draw with me I have him crushed right now.

He goes into the tank for about 20 seconds and then calls with the nuts. Yes, the Jd 8d. alright I guess... I go "you had to think about that?" and he shoots back a snippy "yeah dude.. you suck. all in with a flush draw? k'mon" I just smiled, gave a half hearted "nice hand" and the Kc on the river sent me home.

I lost track of where I was going with all this so I guess the moral of the story is go home and goto bed and don't play cards if you've been drinking.

Not alot to report the last 2 days. I played a half hearted session on Wednesday and just spun my wheels for a total of -400 after my time at red rock. Today I took the day off and went to Lake Mead with a buddy of mine. I ended up playing for 15 minutes when I got home and was +400. Friday is always a big work day so it should be a good night tonight.

Wednesday and Thursday results +-0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.