Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Golf, more craps and a little poker

Sunday was a very unproductive day for me but I don't really feel bad about that. I ended up ditching the sunday tournaments to go golfing with Anthony and two of his buddies over at Boulder Creek Golf Club in Boulder City. I shot a 112.. one of the worst performances i've had in a long time. I blame it on the fact we shot from the gold tees and it was windy as hell. seriously now... what good thing could possibly come from us shooting from the professional tees? Adding an extra 1000 yards to the course on a windy day only made a bad thing that much worse.. so.. the next time I shoot from pro tees is when I shoot par.

Later sunday night I ended up going over to Red Rock Station with Jen, a friend of hers Geoff and one of his friends. I was talking about my experience at the craps table the night before and ended up showing them how to play. I made $600 in about 45 minutes and decided to call it quits. I really love playing craps. I think stopping while i'm ahead is probably a really good idea tho.

Poker today was limited.. I just wasn't in the mindset all day. I ended up playing the 1000+60 FTOPS event and busted out in the first hour when I raised out of the SB with 10c 10d when it was only down to the blinds. The BB defended and we saw the 3d 5c 8s flop. I fired out a pot sized bet and was called. Turn 9d. I fired out a pot sized bet again and was raised all in. I thought for a second and decided I was getting too good of value to not call for my tournament life. BB turned over Ad 6d and the As on the river sent me packing.

I was doing alright in my cash games while I played in the FTOPS tourney but I really havn't had the desire to put in any serious hours today. I lost a big pot on Absolute with my Qc Qs against Ad As on a very unscary board (is unscary even a word?). He check called me on the flop, turn and then check raised me on the river... thanks. A little too tired to appreciate that move. I'll sleep all this off and come back strong tomorrow. Maybe i'll go play live now that my checks are finally starting to get here.

Monday session results -1100

1 comment:

Chawwles said...

$1400 in six hours? Yeah, someone needs to teach me how to play that game