Friday, May 04, 2007

I'm back bitches!

That's right... i'm back! After a long hiatus from the poker world i'm back in full force. Distractions at a minimum and a great new place 2 minutes from red rock. I have nobody to blame but myself if I mess this one up.

Tuesday 05.01

Finally got the net back.. i've been really itching to play but i don't have cash until my four (count them, 1,2,3 and 4) checks get here.. so it was a big day. I started my session solid, after about a half hour of playing 5 tables (2 bodog, 2 FTP, 1 Absolute) I was up around 600. Then, I hit a wall. It folded around to the cutoff who made it 35. I made the call in the small blind with 44 and the big blind called. Flop 4 5 9. I check, BB checks, Raiser bets 40. I raise it up to 140 which chases out the BB and raiser calls without too much deliberation which makes me hope he has the overpair. Turn was a J and I lead out only 180 because I feel pretty good about my hand still.. Plus, a bet that size might encourage a raise from someone with KK or AA because of the pot size. If raiser smooth calls my bet I am probably obligated to fire alot bigger on the river.. but that decision isn't necessary because i'm raised to 380.. at which point i move it in and promtly lose to a set of 5's. pot size was around 2200. Now, I only tell this story because it sets up a hand that happened about an hour later.

i'm sitting healthy with around 2300.. my buddy who took the set over set pot from me earlier has about 3300. My buddy raises to 35 from the 6 seat and I call on the button with 33. Flop 3 J Q. Six seat fires out 80 and I make it 200 which he called after thinking for about 5 seconds. Turn was an 7. Six seat checks and I think for a bit and fire out 320. Six seat just calls. River 6. Buddy checks. Up to this point I was a little concerned about another set over set, but when he checked on the river I sure enough that I had the best hand to not be overly upset if he turned over JJ or QQ. I don't think many people can check a hand like that in a spot like he was in... I thought for almost 2/3 of my time bank and opted to move it in for around 1600. An overbet and hopefully smelling like a steaming bet because I know my buddy in the six seat hasn't forgotten about the set over set earlier. He thinks for only a 5-6 seconds before making the call with KK. Total pot size was around 4700. One of the biggest i've taken down at 5/10.. it was a nice welcome back to bodog.
Total for the session +4400. I will try and remember to save some hand histories in the future for this. It's time to sleep now. I will post wednesday and thursdays sessions tomorrow



No comments: