Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Damn you Bill Frist!

I've been waiting on 12,000 worth of checks for the last month now.. it's incredibly frusterating because my cash bankroll is low and I need to reload. This was never a problem when I could use neteller.

Today I didn't feel like putting in a long online session so I headed out with my small cash bankroll to Binions in old downtown. On my way I realized I was far too lazy to drive that far so I ended up at the SunCoast about 3 miles from the house playing 1/2 NL.
I ended up playing for 4 hours and made a whopping 85 dollars. This game was by far one of the softest i've played in awhile. One guy came in and was defying the odds to take down huge pots once every few hands. One hand I played with him went something like this.
Crazy man raises in middle position to 15. I pick up KK in my small blind and reraise to 45 and crazy man calls. Flop 7d 8d 10c. A bad flop for my kings. I fire 60 into the pot as kind of a feeler bet and get a call. Turn 3s, probably the best card I can turn on a board this threatening. I fire out 160 and am instacalled by crazy man. River 9s. I check and crazy man checks his A9hh???? Yeah... I dont understand either... but this is the kind of play I had to deal with.. This guy was calling 50 preflop with 104 suited and flopping 2 pair to bust peoples big pairs all night. What am I supposed to do with AK in a 100 dollar pot preflop on a K42 board when this guy is calling 50 preflop with K4? I did get a little satisfaction out of pissing him off by repeatedly referring to him as Golfer Bob due to his polo shirt and golf visor he wore at the table. "I shot a 72 today and I played all the par 5's as par 4's". sure.... whatever you say golfer bob.

Overall for the day +450 in about 5 hours of play.. Not exactly thrilling but its still a profitable session. I'll save my groaning for the bad beats at 5/10.

On a side note I went and saw Lucky You today and I wasn't very impressed. I think it was way overhyped in the poker community. I don't think Eric Bana's characted was close to the mindset of a professional poker player. They came close in a few aspects but overall it was way off. Oh well... Until next time

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the blog bro, wishing you the best and wishing i could grind the felt w/ u during finals week.