Thursday, May 10, 2007

Why do I waste my time?

I'm done playing live until my checks start getting here. The cash bankroll is too small.

I didn't really feel like cards tonight so I headed over to some buddies house across town and hung out for awhile. On my drive home I was driving past old downtown and decided to stop in at binions to see what was happening in the poker room. I figured worse case scenario I could finally cash in that $100 chip that has been sitting in my car the last 3 months. The 1/2 NL game looked pretty good so I plunked down my chip and two $100 bills and played for awhile.
Three hours and two sick sick suckouts later I was sitting with $90 in chips and contemplating moving it in preflop for the sheer fun of it. I swear to you, I cannot sit at a 1/2 NL table and play any form of patient and disciplined poker. For $2 almost any hand looks like its worth speculating with. Then it's $8 more to me with 3 callers... how can i fold? I slowly bleed away unil i'm wondering why I even bother trying at these limits.
Anyways, I decided to play in the $70 buyin 2am tournament with my remaining chips because I knew I was going to donk off the rest at my 1/2 game. I was a big chip leader with 3 left and I ended up doubling up people in good spots for me but nothing could hold up. The final hand I made a great call for my last 12,000 chips with Js 8s on a flop 7d 8d 10c. The guy shows Kc 6c and rivers a K to send me home.

So here I sit... checking my email and writing in my blog. I pull up a shorthanded 2/4 table (an $800 max buyin so it makes for a great game) on absolute poker and the only functioning 5/10 table at this time on bodog. I figure a 20 minute session max... within the first 30 hands i'm sitting +1700 and wondering why I even bother slaving away at live games... I think i'm going to buy a refrigerator and just never leave my room. seriously....

Wednesday session results +1700

No comments: